One of the most enjoyable ways to end your day is by unwinding and relaxing while indulging in a movie or show on Netflix. What adds to the experience is the ability to share your viewings with loved ones, even when you can’t physically be together. We will help you connect Netflix to TV and watch it online with friends.
8 Ways to Watch Netflix | Entertainment
#1 Only Smart TV
To connect your TV to your home network and stream Netflix:
- Access your smart TV apps by pressing the apps list button on your TV remote, usually identifiable by a logo or the TV’s brand name.
- Once in the app’s interface, locate the white Netflix icon and navigate to it using the arrow buttons on your remote. If you can’t find Netflix, you might need to download it from your smart TV’s app store.
- To log in to your Netflix account, use the on-screen keyboard to enter your email address and password, and select Sign In.
- Select the desired profile if you have multiple profiles on the account.
- Navigate through the Netflix menus using the arrow buttons on your remote. Highlight a tile to view information and select the Play icon to start a movie.
Before you start watching Netflix stream online, think about your viewing history. If you don’t want anyone to see it, you need to figure out how to delete Netflix history. Deleting Netflix history, view what you started watching and delete it.
More detailed instructions are available at the link above.
Watch2Gether – an app boasting its very own player that conveniently grants you access to content from YouTube, Vimeo, Twitch, and SoundCloud.
Unfortunately, Netflix isn’t compatible with Watch2Gether’s player. But fear not! Watch2Gether has devised a clever solution. With the beta W2gSync feature, all you have to do is paste a Netflix URL into a dedicated window within your private room.
Once you’ve completed this step, you’ll receive a prompt notifying you that Netflix is not affiliated with the platform. Still, you’ll be asked if you wish to proceed and open the link. Simply press the Open button once more. Once you start playing the video, everyone else in the room will be able to view it as well.
Credit: photo by depositphotos.com
#3 Amazon Fire Stick
The principle of operation is almost identical, but to implement this method you need an Amazon Fire Stick. This solution is better suited for those who do not have an operating system on their TV. With the help of a smart device, you can add Smart TV functions even to a simple TV that has never had them.
Start by setting up your Roku. Ensure that it is connected and ready to use.
- Access the search feature by navigating to the search tab and pressing “OK.” Enter “Netflix” in the search bar.
- From the search results, choose Netflix and select it by clicking “OK.”
- To add Netflix to your Roku, click “add channel” and confirm by pressing “OK.”
- Once Netflix is added, open the channel by selecting “go to channel” and pressing “OK.”
- To access Netflix’s content, login or create a Netflix account on the homepage.
How to cast Netflix from your phone to your TV using a Google Chromecast (3rd generation):
- Connect Your Chromecast: Plug the Chromecast into the HDMI input on your TV. Turn on the TV and switch to the corresponding HDMI input.
- Launch the Netflix Mobile App. Open the Netflix app on your device and search for the show or movie you wish to watch. Tap the “cast” icon located in the top right corner, and choose your Chromecast device from the available options.
#6 Via HDMI
To connect your computer to your TV, follow these steps:
- Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer’s HDMI out port to an available HDMI in port on your TV.
- Press the power button on your TV remote to turn on the TV. This button typically has an icon resembling a circle with a line through the top.
- Use the Source or Input button on your TV remote to select the HDMI source you connected your computer to. Once you’ve selected the correct source, you should see your computer screen appear on your TV.
- Open a browser on your computer and go to https://www.netflix.com. If you’re not already signed in, click “Sign In” at the top-right corner and enter your email address and password to sign in.
- Choose the profile you want to use if you have multiple profiles on your Netflix account.
- Browse for a movie or TV show by scrolling through the categories using your mouse scroll wheel or touchpad. Click on the movie or TV show image to view its information page.
- To watch a movie, click the play icon. For TV shows, click “Seasons” and select an episode. You can control playback through the Netflix browser.
To watch Netflix safely and be able to unblock even geo-restricted content, you need VeePN. It has a VPN Chrome extension free which can change your region. Most of the content is in the US and UK regions, so give preference to servers in these countries.
#7 With Game Console
If you own a video game console like Xbox One, Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, or PlayStation 5, you can easily download Netflix.
- Access the “Media” Section. Navigate to the top of the screen and locate the “Media” tab. Look for the Netflix icon in this section. If you find it, select “Netflix” and proceed to the next step.
- Download Netflix. When prompted, click on the “Download” option to initiate the Netflix download.
- Search for Netflix. If you encounter any difficulties in finding Netflix, utilize the search bar located at the top right corner of the screen. Simply type in “Netflix” and download it from there.
#8 Using an Apple TV
How to watch Netflix via Apple TV:
- Turn on your TV and switch to the input for your Apple TV. Use your TV remote to press the Input or Source button, selecting the HDMI input that your Apple TV is connected to.
- Find the Netflix app, which is represented by a white icon with red letters that say “Netflix” at the top of the apps list.
- To log in to your Netflix account, enter your email address and password associated with your Netflix account using the on-screen keyboard. Then, select Sign In.
- Highlight a tile and press the center button or touch the touchpad on your remote to view its information. Click Play to start watching.
With so many options at your disposal, you should no longer have difficulty watching Netflix with friends or family. Whether it’s through a computer browser, smartphone app, streaming device, or game console; there’s something for everyone! Hopefully, this guide was useful in helping you understand the various methods of streaming Netflix with friends and family.