Did you know that, according to a recent study, 93% of people pass judgment on a property based purely on how it looks from the outside?
As a result, if you are struggling to sell your home, it may be because it lacks curb appeal. This means that potential buyers have already decided to look elsewhere before they’ve even stepped through your door.
A lack of curb appeal could mean that the already time-consuming process of selling a property drags on and on – which means it’s an issue that must be resolved sooner rather than later.
Elevate Your Home’s Curb Appeal with this Checklist
With that in mind, here’s a simple checklist that you can follow to give your home a makeover that will draw in buyers in no time!
image from Unsplash
- Jet Wash your driveway. Jet Washing your driveway, whether it be asphalt or concrete, is a great way to ‘spruce up’ your drive. This is because it can help remove worn-in dirt and grime, leaving your driveway looking as though it were newly installed.
- Do up your garden. It goes without saying that your front garden contributes significantly to your home’s curb appeal. After all, if the space is overgrown and full of weeds and other debris, this shows potential buyers that you do not care for maintenance – which could sour their opinion of the entire property. It also means more work for them when they move in. As such, one of the easiest ways to enhance your curb appeal is to do up your garden – or at the very least, mow the lawn!
- Repair/Replace your roof. Damaged or missing roof tiles are more than just an aesthetic issue – they could mean that you have to contend with a range of maintenance issues in the near future, such as flooding. As a result, they are one of the many things that buyers are encouraged to look out for during property visits. As such, if you’ve noticed these issues within your own roof, reach out to repair experts like Best Choice Roofing.
- Repaint your door. Repainting your front door is another excellent way to elevate your home’s curb appeal. Again, this can make this feature look brand new while also creating a bright and welcoming atmosphere that will draw in potential buyers. While there are simply hundreds of different colors to choose from, studies have shown that “neutral hues such as brown, black, or gray for a look that will withstand the test of time.”
- Install lighting. Installing lighting on your porch or driveway can also improve your curb appeal. This is because it makes the space more functional, as buyers could sit on the porch in the evenings. It also acts as an extra security measure, as “porch lights are brilliant crime deterrents as they make your home appear occupied, even when you’re away.” This could give buyers peace of mind when exploring your property, as they’ll feel much safer. Finally, these lights can create a better ambiance or atmosphere as they can make your property look brighter.
Now it’s time for you guys to chime in.
What did you do to make your home look attractive?
Let me know in the comments below!