I ate Ramen at Edo Ramen in Royal Oak, Michigan

Edo Ramen

I was in the mood for some Ramen so I was really excited when I did a search on Google and found the restaurant Edo Ramen. They sell an assortment of Japanese cuisine from sushi to Ramen to Udon.

My boyfriend is a big authentic Ramen noodle eater so he was happy to take me here for date night and I figured I would share with you guys my experience of Edo Ramen in Royal Oak, MI.

Eating Edo Ramen in Royal Oak Michigan

We visited this restaurant Sunday afternoon and it wasn’t too many people there which I absolutely loved. We went to another Ramen restaurant and usually it takes at least 40 minutes to get a table, but there wasn’t any wait when we visited. I honestly feel like this restaurant is kind of a hidden gem where you probably won’t notice it’s there unless you actually look up and realize it.

The waitress was really kind and helpful.

The Edo Ramen menu has so many things I want to try on it that it made it kind of hard for me to choose.

Edo Ramen menu

We ordered our drinks. I ordered a Minute Maid lemonade and my boyfriend ordered the Calamansi juice. The Calamansi juice is delicious. It kind of tastes like lemonade and some other fruit mixed with it. It’s pretty good. They do have an assortment of other drinks that you can choose from.

Edo Ramen

For our appetizer we ordered the chicken karaage which is Japanese-style fried chicken with a delicious sauce drizzled on it. It also came with this green stuff that kind of reminded me of a light pepper. I absolutely love chicken karaage. The sauce that is drizzled on the chicken is what really makes this appetizer spectacular. It is kind of tangy, but also salty.

Edo Ramen

For our actual meal, we both ordered a Ramen Edo specialty. We went ahead and decided to try the Nashville Ramen. It had fried chicken and sweet sausage in it with Ramen noodles. There was a fish cake in it along with seaweed, corn, and spinach. It came with Tonkotsu broth which was pretty decent. I actually added some of the spicy table sauce into my Ramen. I am not sure what it is called, but every table has some along with a bottle of soy sauce. I feel like this Ramen would actually taste a bit better with a bit of hot sauce drizzled into it (as a personal preference of course).

So honestly, my boyfriend wasn’t completely full after eating the Ramen so it would be best to ask for extra noodles if you would like more Ramen noodles.

Would I recommend Edo Ramen?

I definitely would if you’re looking for some Ramen to eat. It isn’t too crowded or at least it wasn’t when I went and the food is pretty good.

I’ll be visiting there again in the future soon to try something new and I will update you guys with what I tried so that you can try it out yourselves if you’re interested it.

Remember to share this on social media if you found it helpful.

Thanks for stopping by and reading my review of Edo Ramen in Royal Oak, MI.

edo ramen

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

18 Comments

• Reply Nyxie

I love Ramen! My partner always used to make it and it was amazing. But nothing beats the real thing.

October 21, 2019 at 2:05 pm
  • Reply Joanna

Sounds like you’ve had a great meal at Edo Ramen Royal Oak restaurant. I had authentic ramen once, in London, and it was so delicious. I would love to try it in Japan as well.

October 21, 2019 at 4:22 pm
  • Reply Amber Myers

Oh yum, this looks so delicious! I’ve always been a fan of ramen. I would love to eat here one day.

October 21, 2019 at 6:47 pm
  • Reply Tara Pittman

They have a nice selection of food and drinks. The food is making me hungry.

October 21, 2019 at 8:08 pm
  • Reply Jessica Joachim

I absolutely love good Ramen! Every town I visit I try to find a delicious Ramen place to check out.

October 22, 2019 at 12:48 am
  • Reply Phoebe

I love noodles! Is it just the picture, but it looks like the ramen is very small? I want lots of broth!

October 22, 2019 at 3:56 am
  • Reply Krysten Quiles

Ramen totally freaks me out, but I guess I only know the stuff you can get for really cheap at the grocery store? Maybe I need to give it another try. Thanks so much for sharing this with us!

October 22, 2019 at 2:36 pm
  • Reply Amanda R

Wow, looks super yummy! Glad you had a good time!

October 22, 2019 at 3:17 pm
  • Reply Alvern @ Success Unscrambled

It’s great that they have a sizeable list of non-alcoholic beverages. I wished that you shared a photo of the main menu as well. Edo Ramen does look like a good option for authentic Japanese meals.

October 22, 2019 at 5:18 pm
  • Reply Reiboot Free

It’s the best time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be
    happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I desire to suggest
    you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you can write next
    articles referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it!

October 22, 2019 at 7:06 pm
  • Reply Susan1375

Looks delicious and different to any ramen restaurants I’ve been to! Good tip about ordering extra noodles

October 23, 2019 at 12:52 am
  • Reply Yonca

Great review! The Calamansi juice is pretty new to me. I’ll search for it. It is great to discover a new drink or food.

October 23, 2019 at 4:30 am
  • Reply Ceci Rey

I love this! your photos and descriptions are great. Definitely not your store bought Ramen there! Thanks for sharing!

October 23, 2019 at 9:58 am
  • Reply Ada

My fiance and I are ramen obsessed and would love to try this place! Looks so yummy.

October 23, 2019 at 3:02 pm
  • Reply Eloise

I think going around the world trying new foods makes life a little more rich. I will have to keep this place you reviewed in mind for my kids and I’s next voyage ; )
    Michigan it’s too far from us! thanks for the know-a-bout… those dishes look super yum!

October 23, 2019 at 3:25 pm
  • Reply Lyanna Soria

I’m always up for ramen since it’s one of my favorites. That sounds like a great place to visit and those food look quite delicious.

October 24, 2019 at 1:39 pm
  • Reply littlemisadvencha

i am a ramen hunter. i love ramen! 🙂 the best one ive tried was tonkotsu ramen from Ichiran. hope you can also try that one too…

cha @ littlemisadvencha.com

October 25, 2019 at 4:28 am
  • Reply Echo

This looks so good! Now I am craving Ramen or Pho! Of course, I have only had packaged ramen, but I would love to eat at a real Ramen place!

October 26, 2019 at 3:20 am