10 Wonderful Christmas Date Ideas

christmas date ideas

This post may contain affiliate links. See Disclaimer here.

Even though it’s kind of early, I like to plan ahead for the Christmas season.

Today I figured I would share with you guys some awesome Christmas date ideas that you can do with your girlfriend or boyfriend. They’re very simple and easy to do.

Check it out!

10 Wonderful Christmas Date Ideas

See a Christmas tree lighting ceremony.

Every year different downtown areas of a lot of different cities have a ceremony for turning on the Christmas lights on the trees. Do some research to check out what places are having this ceremony near you. Grab a cup of hot cocoa during the ceremony and watch the tree light up.

Go to the movies.

See a new movie you haven’t seen and pig out on popcorn.

Watch Christmas movies together.

Watch your favorite Christmas movies on dvd, Netflix, Hulu, or Amazon Prime.

Bake Christmas cookies together.

Either try a cookie recipe from scratch on Pinterest or bake some Pillsbury Christmas cookies.

Check out the Christmas lights on houses.

One of the things I loved to do as a kid was ride in the backseat of the car looking at the gorgeous Christmas lights on all of the houses at night. It was always beautiful.

Go Christmas shopping for each other at the thrift store and give each other gifts.

Plan a trip to a thrift store and give each other a spending limit of $5, $10, or $20. Buy the person one gift or even get an assortment of things you know they’d like. Then meet up after check out for a gift exchange.

Put a Christmas puzzle together.

Buy a Christmas puzzle off of Amazon and put them together.

Go Christmas window shopping.

One of the things I love is going window shopping for gift sets and to see what the other person is interested in. Do this with your significant other and be able to gauge what they’d want.

Try making a Christmas themed recipe.

Head on over to Pinterest. Find a Christmas recipe to make and make it.

Try a Christmas themed food from a restaurant.

There’s always something Christmas related happening at different restaurants. Try a Christmas themed dessert.

I hope you guys found these Christmas date ideas helpful.

Share it on social media.

I’d greatly appreciate it!

christmas date ideas

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

18 Comments

• Reply CHad

Christmas themed food recipe!!! I would love to do that, the idea is great. I can’t wait.

October 10, 2019 at 12:21 pm
  • Reply Art & Home

I think it would be nice to add something charitable to the Christmas Date idea list, such as going shopping for the Food Bank, collecting presents for local toy drives, etc.

October 10, 2019 at 12:45 pm
  • Reply From Jess to You Services

This is such a sweet idea … if my husband wasn’t a grinch it would work out a whole lot better. *hahaa*

October 10, 2019 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Gervin Khan

Oh, I love these date ideas but I going on a movie date and baking are more romantic for me.

October 10, 2019 at 7:52 pm
  • Reply Patricia M.

Aww, I love this ideas and will be implementing them on our family. They are simple but could make a bid difference on our relationship.

October 10, 2019 at 11:49 pm
  • Reply Tasha at Lady Boss Studio

Christmas time is my favourite time to go on dates. My husband and I have always loved getting a hot chocolate and driving around to look at the Christmas lights on the houses. These are great ideas!

October 11, 2019 at 1:38 am
  • Reply Norma

Great ideas! I would start with baking some cookies together and then try a themed food from a restaurant.

October 11, 2019 at 3:11 am
  • Reply tweenselmom

We haven’t tried eating Christmas themed foods in restaurants. Usually we eat at home or hotels we check. Maybe we can try it sometimes.

October 11, 2019 at 5:06 am
  • Reply aisasami

As I don’t have a date for Christmas, I will have to pass this along to my parents. I really want to have a date night!

October 11, 2019 at 8:42 am
  • Reply Catherine Santiago Jose

Wow, these are amazing ideas but me and my husband always stay at home and cooking our favorite dishes during this occasion because we are avoiding the over crowding of people in every places.

October 11, 2019 at 10:29 am
  • Reply Geemiz Travel

These are really cute ideas. It is me and my husbands first time alone on Christmas so will do some of the things on the list.

October 11, 2019 at 10:51 am
  • Reply Dalene Ekirapa

Normally, we eat out together at Christmas-themed restaurants and watch Christmas movies together. Now I think that we should start baking together. That would be fun!

October 11, 2019 at 1:07 pm
  • Reply Kevin Akidi

I love Christmas season, all the lights and everything. My go would be Christmas movie, looking at lights and maybe window shopping.

October 11, 2019 at 4:45 pm
  • Reply Sudipa

Shopping for Christmas and going for a movie is definitely my way of celebrating it with my partners. All other ideas are excellent too

October 11, 2019 at 5:41 pm
  • Reply Erik the Hungry Traveller

Its the Ber months thus your fine talking about Christmas. Theres something about the holidays that make any event wonderful. Great options on activities to do on christmas!

October 12, 2019 at 10:51 am
  • Reply Akriti

Really different yet fun date ideas for Christmas time. Should be very useful!

October 13, 2019 at 7:34 am
  • Reply Alexis

My husband and I love driving around looking at Christmas lights, such a fun time of the year. Thanks for sharing these ideas.

October 13, 2019 at 9:22 am
  • Reply Farah Al Zadjaly

I have just sent this to my sister… She is always asking me but I never have a clue. This is all so good.

October 13, 2019 at 10:32 am